Friday, May 28, 1999

She Still Loves You: Tisha's Song




At Tisha's funeral, Landon Beard, sang this song. Landon has continued his career as one of the Four Seasons (Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons). It was a lovely tribute to both T and Mark.


She was a lovely girl.
A charming, bright-eyed beauty.

You were the bright young man
That swept her off her feet.

You asked her father
If you could have his daughter’s hand.

Her high school ring
Soon became her wedding band.

The time had soon come
Her day was drawing near.

She put her wedding dress on
The girl we held so dear.

The gorgeous couple
That we never thought would ‘sunder.

You know, sometimes I think
About you and I wonder.

If I could talk to you,
What words would I choose.

I would say
“I wish you could have known her.”

And I would say,
“I wish she could have stayed.”

But most of all, I would say,
“She still loves you.”

I’d love to tell you how
the lovely girl you married

Could stay beside you and
You’ll never be apart.

Instead we honor her
And cry as she is buried.

But the love she gave us all,
Is kept within our hearts.

I would say,
“I wish you could have known her.”

And I would say,
“I wish she could have stayed.”

But most of all, I would say,
“She sure loved you.”

I wish she was here to stay.

Luv Ya, Tish

No comments:

Post a Comment