Thursday, May 27, 1999

Please

Please, don’t ask me if I’m over it yet.
I’ll never be over it.

Please, don’t tell me she’s in a better place.
She’s not here with us.

Please, don’t say at least she isn’t suffering.
She never suffered.

Please, don’t tell me you know how I feel.
I don’t know how I feel -- for my feelings are gone.

Please, don’t ask me if I feel better.
I’ll never “feel” better. Bereavement isn’t a condition that clears up.

Please, don’t tell me at least you had her for 27 years.
What year would you choose for your child to die?

Please, don’t tell me that time heals all wounds.
This is not a wound. It is tear in the fabric of our lives. It will never heal.

Please, don’t tell me God never gives us more than we can bear.
Because, then, I would have to believe that God gave me this pain -- That He took my Tisha from me. I cannot believe that.

Please, don’t tell me that it is God’s will.
I won’t believe that my God would do this purposely.

Please, just say you are sorry.
Please, just say you remember Tisha.
Please, just let me talk about her.
Please, just mention Tisha’s name in your prayers.
Please, just let me cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment