Friday, May 28, 1999

Tisha's Special List












I have a list of folks T knew...
all written in a book,
And every now and then..
I go and take a look.


That is when I realize
these names... they are a part,
not of the book they're written in...
but taken from my heart.


They remind me of my daughter T.
Gone so soon, left so sad.
These friends so kind to me
Support for a melancholy dad.


For each Name stands for someone...
who crossed T’s path some time,
and in that meeting they became...
a reason and a rhyme.


It may be hard to comprehend
for me to make this claim,
My memories of T are composed...
of each remembered name.


You may not be fully aware...
of any special link,
just knowing you has shaped my thoughts...
more than you could think.


So whether I have known you...
for many days or few,
in some ways you’ve been a part...
in shaping things I do.


My thoughts of T are but a total...
of many folks she met,
you are a friend I would prefer...
never to forget.


Thank you for being T’s friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment